Wednesday 25 February 2015

About Me



My name is Nicola, a 30 year old part time fashion model living in a little country style cottage in London with my husband, Andrew. I love making our house a cosy home, filling it with beautiful traditional nicknacks. I have a passion for home accessories and have been a bee keeper for a year so am obsessed with all things bee! I have always been interested in fashion, textiles and home accessories. Being a model means that I am in touch with the latest fashions, whether I like it or not! It gave me an insight into the exquisite way things are made and sourced from a simple drawing to the final product. I feel strongly about using products made in the UK, because I am passionate about the quality of British craftsmanship and believe it helps keep skills alive and more jobs available.
I wanted to start a blog to hopefully spread some happiness and laughter around with my home accessories ideas and bee adventures, because I truly beelieve (sorry) that no matter what size home we have, we all deserve some luxuries, fun and treats to fill it with.

Finding a name for my blog was one of the hardest processes. It came about when I was at my lowest point and feeling pretty down one night as I had lost a big client that provided the majority of my income, when Andrew just leant over to me and whispered, “be happy”. That was it! I finally had a name! It made me realise that I need to stop feeling so sad about everything and start believing I could set this little blog up and have some fun with readers and learn a few things along the way! Its as simple as that!

“The purpose of our lives is to be happy.”
~ Dalai Lama

I’m looking forward to getting to know you, please feel free to add your comments!

Nicola
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment